Weight Watchers Smart Ones Banana Muffins
By Todd Wilbur
This easy muffin clone is modeled after the low-fat product found in the freezer section of your market, from one of the first brands to make low-fat food hip and tasty. Muffins are notorious for their high fat content, but in this recipe mashed banana adds flavor and moistness to the muffins to replace the fat. Now you can satisfy a muffin craving without worrying about fat grams.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Do This
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the sugar, banana, milk, buttermilk, egg substitute, oil, vanilla, banana flavoring, and lemon extract in a large bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer on high speed.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the electric mixer.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin cups of a muffin tin until each cup is about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins turn light brown on top.
Makes 12 muffins.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.