The Margarita Presidente is Chili's fancy designer libation made from Sauza Conmemorativo, Cointreau, and Presidente brandy. Since Chili's makes their own sweet and sour mix in house, we should do the same. It's a very common formula which you can follow here.
The drink is served up in a salt-rimmed martini glass along with additional servings in a shaker on the side. The drink comes highly recommended by the dozens of placards and signs dangling from rafters overhead in Chili's bar. I do concur.
My Chili's Margarita Presidente copycat recipe should fill your glass around three times, and your head with many happy thoughts.
Find more of your favorite Chili's copycat recipes here.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 1/4 ounces Sauza Conmemorativo tequila anejo
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Presidente brandy
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) sweet-and-sour mix
- Splash Rose's lime juice
- Lime wedge
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with crushed ice. Shake.
2. Pour drink into an ice-filled martini glass rimmed with salt. Add a lime wedge and serve the remainder of the drink in the shaker on the side.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.