Here's an updated Olive Garden fettuccine alfredo recipe from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes that includes more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. You'll find this sauce thickens easier and has an improved Olive Garden taste. Just be sure not to crank the heat up too high when simmering the sauce or it could break, resulted in a not-so-creamy, curdled Alfredo. Also check out our copycat Olive Garden toasted ravioli recipe!
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 12-ounce box fettuccine pasta
- (or your choice of pasta)
- Do This
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
2. Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over. You just want a simmer. Add the cheese, and continue to simmer the sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
3. While the sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it.
4. Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.
Makes 2 to 3 large servings.