Jack in the Box Pumpkin Pie Shake
By Todd Wilbur
There's no need for artificial coloring or flavoring when recreating this chain's delicious "limited-time only" holiday milkshake. Real canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices will do the trick in this Top Secret version. For the spices, rather than gathering up four costly bottles to use only a small amount from each, toss some pumpkin pie spice into your basket. It's a handy blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice that will be near the other spices in your market—McCormick makes a small size that's cheap. Combine everything below in a blender until smooth, and in a flash you will have whipped up two servings of a delicious duplicate that can now be enjoyed any time of the year.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin)
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Canned whipped cream
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Do This
Restaurant/BrandJack in the Box
1. Dissolve the sugar in the milk in a measuring cup or small bowl.
2. Combine the milk and sugar mixture with the ice cream, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender on high speed. Blend until smooth, stir if necessary, and then pour the shake into two 16-ounce glasses. Garnish each with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Makes two 16-ounce shakes.