Menu Description: "Grilled Chicken breast topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and a basil lemon butter sauce."
Carrabba's number one chicken dish is simple to clone once you duplicate the delicious basil lemon butter sauce. Preheat your grill to high and pound the chicken breasts with a mallet so that they'll cook evenly. Use the sun-dried tomatoes that come in a bag rather than those that come bottled in oil. To rehydrate them, simmer the sun-dried tomatoes in a small pan of water for about 4 minutes, then slice them. The goat cheese used at the chain is called Caprino cheese, which is a very smooth and creamy goat cheese. If you can't find Caprino, use any available goat cheese from your market and you'll still have a tasty clone.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
Basil Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 to 7 basil leaves, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (1/2 cup reconstituted and sliced)
- 4 slices Caprino cheese (or other goat cheese)
- Do This
1. Preheat a barbecue grill to high.
2. Make the basil lemon butter sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Add the garlic and slowly sauté (sweat) it for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, and cream and reduce the heat to low. Cook the sauce for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat until thick, stirring often, while you grill the chicken.
3. Use a kitchen mallet to flatten the thick part of the chicken breasts so that they will cook evenly. Rub each chicken breast with oil, then sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
4. Grill the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until done.
5. While the chicken is cooking, simmer the sun-dried tomatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the tomatoes, then slice into strips.
6. When the chicken is done, place each chicken breast on a plate and place a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast. Divide the sun-dried tomatoes and place a pile on top of the chicken on each plate. Stir the sliced basil leaves into the sauce, then spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.