If you've ever seen a clone recipe for KFC Cole Slaw it probably looks like this. This replica recipe has become one of the all-time most shared recipes on the wires of the intraweb. Here's the original secret formula from my first book, Top Secret Recipes, to clone the world's best slaw.
Source: Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Do This
1. Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice).
2. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.