Olive Garden Hot Artichoke-Spinach Dip Reduced Fat/Calorie
By Todd Wilbur
I tweaked this world-famous hot artichoke and spinach dip for an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show. Now you can enjoy your favorite appetizer guilt-free. Using reduced-fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt, this recipe cuts the fat and calories of the original dish nearly in half.
488 calories 264 calories
23g fat 15g fat
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup chopped frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- Toasted bread
- Pita chips
- Raw sliced vegetables
- Do This
1. Combine the diced artichoke hearts and chopped spinach in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover the bowl with plastic and poke a few holes in it to vent.
2. Microwave the vegetables on high for 6 minutes.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Add the steamed artichokes and spinach and place the pan over medium/low heat, stirring often for 10 minutes or until simmering.
4. Just before serving, you may wish to broil the dip in an oven-safe dish for 1 to 2 minutes (under high broil) or just until slightly brown on top.
5. Arrange the diced tomato in a pile in the center of the dip and serve with crackers, toasted bread, pita chips or raw vegetables for dipping.