Wendy's Grilled Chicken Fillet Sandwich
In 1990 Wendy's not only added this new sandwich to its growing menu, but also added more international restaurants to the chain, including stores in Indonesia, Greece, Turkey, and Guatemala. Wendy's now claims more than 4,000 outlets around the world, with more than $3 billion in sales.
This is an excellent sandwich if you like grilled chicken, and it contains only nine grams of fat, if you're counting.
Source: More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 plain hamburger bun
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Wishbone Honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
1. Heat your grill to medium heat.
2. Brown the faces of the bun in a saute pan or griddle over medium heat.
3. Cook the chicken breast for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until done. Salt each side during the cooking.
4. Spread the salad dressing on the top bun.
5. Place the cooked chicken on the bottom bun. Top with the lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and top bun, in that order.
6. Microwave sandwich on high for 15 seconds.
Make 1 sandwich.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.