Olive Garden Featured Martinis
By Todd Wilbur
Malibu's great mango-flavored rum is the star in the Mango Martini, along with a little < Kern's mango nectar. It goes down fast. Then there's the stronger Pomegranate Margarita Martini. If you like tequila, this is your drink. It's mixed with Patron Silver tequila and Patron's 80-proof Citronge orange liqueur. You'll also need some real grenadine syrup, the kind made with real pomegranate juice. Stirrings makes a good one. You can also used pure pomegranate juice—like Pom Wonderful—but you'll also have to add some simple syrup since pomegranate juice is tart. Each of these drinks is served straight up in a large martini glass, but you can also add ice to the drinks. And a bendy straw.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 ounces Malibu mango-flavored Caribbean rum
- 3/4 ounce triple sec liqueur
- 2 ounces Kern's mango nectar
- 2 ounces sweet-and-sour
Mango Martini Garnish
- Lime slice
Pomegranate Margarita Martini
- 1 ounce Patron Silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce Patron Citronge orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces real grenadine syrup
- (or 3/4 ounce pomegranate juice and 3/4 ounce simple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (juice from 2 wedges)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (juice from 2 wedges)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (juice from 2 wedges)
- 2 ounces sweet-and-sour mix
Pomegranate Margarita Martini Garnish
- Thin slice of lemon
- Thin slice of lime
- Do This
1. Drop a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the ingredients for the drink of your choice to the shaker and shake thoroughly.
3. Strain entire contents of the shaker into a chilled 12-ounce martini glass.
4. Add a slice of lime to the rim of the glass for the mango martini, or float a thin slice of lemon and a thin slice of lime on the surface of the pomegranate margarita martini.
Makes 1 drink.