- New Recipes
- KFC Cole Slaw Low-Fat/Low-Calorie
KFC Cole Slaw Low-Fat/Low-Calorie
This recipe was designed specifically for the Dr. Oz Show when I was tasked with creating a healthier KFC coleslaw recipe. Here's the formula from the show that duplicates the taste of the original, but with half the fat and almost half the calories of the KFC favorite.
Todd's Dr. Oz Clone
Calories–85 (1/2 cup serving)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups finely minced cabbage (approximately 1 head)
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded then finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
1. Combine mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, sugar, vinegars, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add cabbage, carrot and onion, and toss well. Be sure cabbage, carrot and onion are chopped into very small pieces, about the size of rice.
3. Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving. Overnight is even better.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.