- New Recipes
- El Pollo Loco Pinto Beans Fat-Free
El Pollo Loco Pinto Beans Fat-Free
This is a simple little recipe that is healthy and delicious. Along with your chicken order from this fast-growing West Coast chain, comes your choice of side orders. Pinto beans is the most popular choice. But the real thing has some fat that you won't need to include in this light version. And this recipe will give you pintos that taste just like the original, along with a little heat from finely minced jalapeno peppers. Spoon some of these beans into a tortilla along with chicken. Or maybe just serve them on the side.
Serving size–1/2 cup
Calories per serving–96 (Original–145)
Fat per serving–0g (Original–3g)
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, with liquid
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh jalapeno
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring the beans to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.
Domino's Loaded Tots
Monthly TSR Club