Arby's Lite Menu Roast Turkey Deluxe
By Todd Wilbur
It was in 1991 that Arby's saw a market for a selection of sandwiches that weighed in with very little fat. The chain was able to create three sandwiches that had 10 grams of fat or less, with whole wheat hamburger buns, light mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato. Of the three selections, it is the Roast Turkey Deluxe that has the least fat, with only 6 grams per sandwich.
Now you can make a clone of that light creation, with deli-sliced roast turkey breast that you can pick up at any deli counter at your local supermarket. You can also find the turkey in pre-packaged portions near the luncheon meats.
Serving size–1 sandwich
Calories per serving–201
Fat per serving–6g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- Butter-flavored spray or spread
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun
- 2 ounces deli-sliced roast turkey breast
- 1/2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Do This
1. Preheat a frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Apply butter-flavored spread or spray to the faces of the top and bottom wheat buns. Grill the faces of the buns lightly on the hot pan.
2. Build the sandwich by first placing the sliced turkey on the bottom bun. Salt the turkey.
3. Spread the mayonnaise on the face of the top bun.
4. Invert the top bun. On the bun, stack the tomatoes, then the lettuce on top of that.
5. Turn the top of the sandwich over onto the bottom and serve
Makes 1 sandwich.