Applebee's Perfect Apple Margarita
By Todd Wilbur
Here's a great twist on the traditional margarita. Sour apple schnapps and apple juice join forces with tequila and sweet-and-sour mix in a martini glass that's rimmed with cinnamon sugar. Hey, it's like drinking apple pie! This recipe makes one drink, but it's easy to double up. That's a good thing, since it seems like one is never enough. Check out more Applebee's Copycat Recipes Here.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce Sauza Hornitos tequila
- 1 ounce Dekyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
- 2 ounces sweet-and-sour mix
- 2 ounces cold apple juice
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then pour the mixture onto a saucer or small plate. Moisten a napkin or clean towel with water. Run the wet napkin around the rim of the martini glass. Invert the glass and dip the moistened rim into the cinnamon/sugar. Set the glass aside for now.
2. Drop a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add the tequila, schnapps, sweet-and-sour, and apple juice. Shake vigorously.
4. Pour the drink into the prepared martini glass, spear an olive and small lime wedge on a toothpick and drop it in the drink, and serve it up along with the shaker if there's any left over in there.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.