- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- K - O
- Lone Star Steakhouse
- Lone Star Steakhouse Texas Rice
Lone Star Steakhouse Texas Rice
The best-selling menu items at the Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon are the mesquite-grilled steaks. The USDA choice-graded steaks are hand-cut fresh daily and displayed in a glass meat counter that is visible from the dining area of each restaurant. Customers are encouraged to view the meat for themselves and personally select the steak they wish to eat.
Re-create the rice served as a side dish at the famous steakhouse chain. It's packed with flavor! Sautéed onions and mushrooms take it to the next level.
Try my Lone Star Texas Rice copycat recipe below, and check out my other clone recipes for famous foods from Lone Star Steakhouse here.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
- 2 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain parboiled or converted (not instant or quick) white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 3 to 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Bring the beef stock to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
>2. Add the rice to the stock, cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. When the rice has cooked for about 10 minutes, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
5. When the rice is done, pour it into the skillet with the mushrooms and onion. Turn the heat to medium/low and add the frozen peas, chili powder, and salt to the rice. Heat the mixture, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the peas are tender.
Serves 2 as a side dish.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.