LongHorn Steakhouse Pineapple Goldrush and Strawberry Goldrush
Menu Description: "Our own housemade vodka made with fresh golden pineapple infused in Skyy Infusions Passion Fruit Vodka."
These two signature drinks from the steakhouse chain are made with the delicious Skyy Passion Fruit Vodka that has been further infused with fresh pineapple. The Pineapple Goldrush is the infused vodka served straight up in a martini glass, while the strawberry version is served in a cocktail glass with the refreshing addition of strawberry puree and lemonade.
This recipe makes enough of the infused vodka for a couple dozen drinks, so this recipe is perfect when you've got a summer party coming up, and you want it to be a rager. Use a large canister to make the flavored vodka, and be sure to stack the fresh pineapple slices with spaces between them so that the vodka can perform its infusion magic. After a week or so you'll see that the vodka has turned a light yellow color and the pineapple slices have faded. that's your cue to remove the pineapple and store the vodka. At this point the pineapple slices have become potent little vodka bombs and can be thrown away, unless you want to use them as garnishes for the cocktails. Just beware before you bite into one because they are stingers! My bartender at LongHorn Steakhouse told me that she would sometimes take the loaded pineapple slices home and blend them into other cocktails. She said those pickled pina slices were responsible for some of the craziest parties she's ever thrown.
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- 2 bottles Skyy Infusions Passion Fruit Vodka
- Pineapple slices from infusion canister
- 24-ounce box frozen strawberries (with sugar added), defrosted
- Bottled lemonade
1. Layer the sliced pineapple in a large canister and pour both bottles of infused vodka over the pineapple. All of the pineapple slices should be covered with vodka. Cover the canister and let it sit out for a week to 10 days or until the vodka begins to turn light yellow. Remove the pineapple slices and slice a few smaller to use as a garnish, and then pour the vodka into a covered container to store.
2. To make the Pineapple Goldrush add some ice and a little water to a martini glass to chill it. Drop some more ice into a cocktail shaker and add two jiggers of the infused vodka (3 ounces) over the ice. Shake vigorously and strain the drink into a martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple slice.
3. To make the Strawberry Goldrush, first make the strawberry puree by blending the defrosted strawberries in a blender until smooth (save this puree in a covered container in the refrigerator).
4. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice, then dump the ice into a cocktail shaker. Add 2 jiggers (3 ounces) of the infused vodka, 2 jiggers of strawberry puree, and 2 jiggers of lemonade to the shaker. Stir or shake the drink then pour the drink, including the ice, back into the 16-ounce glass. Garnish with a sliced strawberry on the rim of the glass.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.