- New Recipes
- Tony Roma's Red Hots Sauce
Tony Roma's Red Hots Sauce
Menu Description: "Some like it hot! Tender, meaty ribs basted with our spicy red hot sauce made with five types of peppers."
If you like your sauces really spicy, this is the recipe for you. Five different peppers go into this one: crushed red peppers, red bell pepper, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. The restaurant serves this on pork spareribs, but you can slather it on any ribs, or chicken, or steaks.
Use pork spareribs and the cooking technique from here to make the ribs.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Combine all of the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a saucepan over high heat. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients until smooth.
2. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.
3. In 30 to 45 minutes, when the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, cook it longer.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.
Monthly TSR Club