Tony Roma's Maple Sweet Potatoes
By Todd Wilbur
Here's a hack for a new menu item at Tony Roma's that's served alongside the Carolina Honeys BBQ Salmon. Combine maple syrup, cinnamon and pecans with sweet potatoes and you've got an irresistible side dish just like the popular restaurant side.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 of a white onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Do This
1. Bake sweet potato for 40 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees F. This will bake the potato nearly all the way through, but leave it firm enough to slice when cool. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and let it cool so that you can handle it. When the sweet potato has cooled, remove the skin and slice it into 1-inch bite-size cubes.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pecans and saute for a couple minutes or until onion slices begin to brown.
3. Add sliced sweet potato, maple syrup and cinnamon and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, or until the sweet potato pieces are hot and tender.
Serves 2 to 4.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.