T.G.I. Friday's Strawberry Shortcake Blender Blaster
By Todd Wilbur
Friday's gave its selection of ice cream cocktails the spiffy name "Blender Blasters," otherwise known as milk shakes with an attitude. Shock 'em all with this one when amaretto pitches in to help re-create the taste of a real strawberry shortcake.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/2 ounces amaretto liqueur
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) milk
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup ice
- Whipped cream
- 1 fresh strawberry
- Do This
1. Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high speed until smooth. You may have to stop the blender to stir the drink with a spoon to help it blend better.
2. Pour drink into a 14-ounce glass. Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the drink, then add a fresh strawberry to the edge of the glass. Serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.