Menu Description: "Healthful, nonalcoholic frozen fruit drinks." Gold Medalist: "Coconut and pineapple, blended with grenadine, strawberries and bananas." Tropical Runner: "Fresh banana, pineapple and pina colada mix with frozen with crushed ice."
From the "obscure statistics" file, T.G.I. Friday's promotional material claims the restaurant was the first chain to offer stone-ground whole wheat bread as an option to its guest. It was also the first chain to put avocados, bean sprouts, and Mexican appetizers on the menu.
Also a first: Friday's Smoothies. In response to growing demand for nonalcoholic drinks, T.G.I. Friday's created smoothies. Here are recipes to clone two of the nine different fruit blend varieties.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries (not in syrup—do not defrost)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 1 cup ice
- 2 fresh strawberries (for garnish)
- 1 banana
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup liquid pina colada mix
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- 2 cups ice
- Do This
1. Pour all of the ingredients except the 2 fresh strawberries in the order listed into a blender and blend on high speed for 15 to 30 seconds or until all the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
2. Garnish each drink with a fresh strawberry.
1. Cut the banana in half and slice two 1/4-inch slices from the middle of the banana and set two slices aside for the garnish.
2. Put the rest of banana and the remaining ingredients into a blender in the order listed. Blend on high speed for 15 to 30 seconds, or until the drink is smooth and creamy. Pour into 2 glasses.
3. Add 1 banana slice to the top of each drink as a garnish.
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.