T.G.I. Friday's November Sea Breeze Fling
By Todd Wilbur
Not only does the restaurant still serve some of the tastiest cocktails and mixed drinks, but T.G.I. Friday's also has one of the best selections of custom non-alcoholic drinks in the business. The smoothies and shakes at Friday's are all excellent, as are the designer sodas called "Flings." These are hand-mixed soda beverages made in a fashion reminiscent of old-time soda fountains. Juices and sweeteners are mixed with cold soda water and served over ice—you can't go wrong with one of these. The Fling cloned here uses cranberry juice, apple juice, simple syrup, and sweet-and-sour mix.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 ounces apple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet-and- sour mix
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces club soda
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Fill a 14-ounce glass with ice.
2. Pour juices, sweet-and-sour mix, and simple syrup into a shaker and shake well.
3. Pour drink over the ice, add a lime wedge and the club soda on top, and serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.