This limited-time-only new product from the country’s biggest Mexican fast food chain is easy to make with bagged fries found in the freezer section of your food store, and you can make as many or as few as you want at one time since there is enough seasoning and cheese sauce for one 2-pound bag. Get Ore-Ida Golden Fries if you can find them, and if you want the best clone you really should fry them, although baking works too.
The secret spicy ingredient in the nacho cheese sauce is brine from the bottled jalapeno nacho slices, plus a little cayenne for extra boom.
This recipe is available in
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz cheese dip
- ½ cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons brine from bottled sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 2-pound bag Ore-Ida Golden Fries frozen French fries
- Do This
Instructions1. Combine the ingredients for the seasoning blend in a small bowl.
2. Combine the ingredients for the cheese sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until smooth and heat until hot.
3. Make the French fries following the instructions on the bag. The best way is to fry them (3 to 5 minutes in 375-degree oil). You may also bake them.
4. When the fries are done put them in a large bowl and sprinkle them with the seasoning blend. Serve fries with the cheese dipping sauce on the side.