Let's face it, it's the sauce that makes this sandwich so good. If you take the Bourbon Street Glaze away from Subway's new Bourbon Street Chicken Sandwich, you end up with...a boring chicken sub. Once you've got this secret sauce cloned, you can drizzle it over your next boring chicken sub to experience the greatness that is one of Subway's most delicious products.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed (dried) sage
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Do This
1. Whisk together all the ingredients except the vinegar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute, or until thick. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice, then cover and chill for 1 hour before using as a sauce on grilled chicken sandwiches.
Makes 3/4 cup.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.