Sonic Drive-In Strawberry Limeade
By Todd Wilbur
Troy Smith isn't the one who came up with the idea to use an intercom system in the parking lot so that customers could pull up to order, and then eat while still in their cars. He was inspired by another hamburger stand he saw while driving through Louisiana, and had the same system designed for his place. Today Sonic is the only major fast food chain still incorporating the nearly 50-year old service concept. And just as in the '50s, roller-skating carhops still bring the food right to the car window so diners can stay comfortably seated behind the wheel.
This is a flavor variation of Sonic's signature Cherry Limeade.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 12 ounces cold Sprite (1 can)
- 3 lime wedges (1/8 of a lime each)
- 2 tablespoons frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Do This
1. Fill a 16-ounce glass 2/3 full with ice.
2. Pour Sprite over the ice.
3. Add the juice of three lime wedges.
4. Add two tablespoons of strawberries with the syrup. Serve with a straw.
Makes 1 16-ounce drink (medium size).