Sonic Drive-In Strawberry Cheesecake Shake
By Todd Wilbur
The cool thing about this Top Secret Recipe is that many of the ingredients come in a kit designed for making strawberry cheesecake. Find Jell-O No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Mix near the puddings in your supermarket and you have half of the ingredients locked up. Inside the box are three separate packets: strawberries in syrup, the cheesecake mix powder, and graham cracker crumbs. You'll also need vanilla ice cream, a cup of milk, and some canned whipped cream. Toss the first four ingredients below in a blender until smooth, fill 2 glasses, and then top off the shakes with whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs from the kit. Everyone will freak out when they suck strawberry cheesecake through a straw. The recipe below makes 2 regular size shakes, but you can make another 2 shakes using up the remaining strawberries from the cheesecake kit. If you get some additional strawberries in syrup, you can make as many as 8 more shake clones with the remaining cheesecake mix powder and graham cracker crumbs.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup strawberries and syrup (from Jello-O No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake kit)
- 3 tablespoons cheesecake mix powder (from cheesecake kit)
- Canned whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs (from cheesecake kit)
- Do This
1. Combine the milk, ice cream, strawberries, and cheesecake mix in a blender and mix on high speed until smooth. Pour into two 12-ounce glasses.
2. Garnish the top with a squirt of whipped cream from a can and about a teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs from the cheesecake kit. Serve each shake with a straw.
Makes 2 regular-size drinks.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.