Snapple Iced Tea Lemon Flavor
By Todd Wilbur
Here's a quick and easy recipe for the brand of ice tea that blew away competitors Lipton and Nestea. Between 1988 and 1992 Snapple tea sales increased a whopping 1,300 percent. If you're a big Snapple ice tea drinker, this recipe will save you some cash. A 16-ounce bottle of Snapple tea costs around $1.50, but the same amount using this top secret hack will only cost you 15 cents to make. Here now is the improved Snapple lemon iced tea recipe from the version of the recipe that first appeared in More Top Secret Recipes.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 quarts (8 cups) water
- 2 Lipton tea bags (standard size)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- Do This
1. Bring the water to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
2. Turn off theheat, add tea bags, cover saucepan and let the tea steep for 1 hour.
3. Pour the sugar into a 2-quart pitcher, and then add the tea. The tea will still be warm, so the sugar will dissolve easily.
4. Add the lemon juice. Chill.
Makes 2 quarts.
Check the book Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, and Shakes for other flavors of this clone for Snapple Iced Tea, including raspberry, peach, strawberry, cranberry and diet lemon.