This one's a variation on the old-time potent favorite, Long Island Iced Tea. While the restaurant has another version of this drink made with the less-expensive "well" alcohol, this concoction is whipped up with top shelf stuff comprising—as the menu says—"a powder keg of ingredients...and a blasting cap full of cola." Still, you can use your favorite liquors or whatever you have on the shelf, be it on the top, middle, or bottom.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/2 ounce Beefeater gin
- 1/2 ounce Smirnoff vodka
- 1/2 ounce Bacardi light rum
- 1/2 ounce triple sec liqueur
- 1 ounce sweet-and-sour mix
- 3 to 4 ounces (1/3 to 1/2 cup) cola
- Lemon wedge
- Do This
1. Add ice to a 16-ounce glass.
2. Add the ingredients in the order listed, topping the drink off with Pepsi or Coke to the top of the glass.
3. Add a wedge of lemon and a straw, and serve.
Makes 1 drink.
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.