Whip up clones for the top-selling smoothies from one of America's favorite full-service burger joints. Included in this recipe are secret formulas for the seasonal Chillin' Mango Smoothie, and the always popular Groovy Smoothie.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
Chillin' Mango Smoothie
- 3/4 cup canned mango slices, with juice
- 3/4 ounce grenadine
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup Langer's berry juice (a blend of berry and apple juices)
- 1/4 cup Kern's Peach Nectar
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- Orange wedge
- Maraschino cherry
1. Combine all ingredients for smoothie of your choice in a blender on high speed and mix until smooth.
2. Pour into a 12-ounce glass then add an orange slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.
Makes one drink.
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.