Red Lobster Nantucket Baked Cod
By Todd Wilbur
Here's another Red Lobster selection that is a simple, healthy choice for your next kitchen-clone meal. The menu describes it as "A flaky white fish, baked with fresh tomatoes and Parmesan, served with rice." You'll get a little fat from the butter and just a bit from the Parmesan cheese, but at a total of 6 grams of fat per serving, this is still a very low-fat choice for lunch or dinner. Serve this dish with rice and some steamed veggies, and save the fat grams for dessert.
Serving Size–2 fillets
Calories per serving–370
Fat per serving–6g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cod fillet
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Do This
1. Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the fish into 4 equal portions (2 per serving), and arrange the fillets in a 9x13-inch baking dish or pan.
3. Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds. Brush the top of each fillet with butter, drizzle a little lemon juice on the fish, then sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the top of each fillet.
4. Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices over the top of each fillet.
5. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over each tomato slice. It's okay for some of the cheese to fall on the fish.
6. Bake the fish, uncovered, for 8 minutes, then turn the oven to a high broil and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese on the tomatoes begins to brown. Serve two pieces of fish per serving with rice on the side, if desired.