You will thaw out a box of frozen strawberries, Grasshopper, to make this most delicious drink in a blender, with rums and juice and amaretto. Ah, yes, you have learned much, my son.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 ounce Malibu rum
- 1 ounce Bacardi light rum
- 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Pineapple slice
- Maraschino cherry
- Paper umbrella
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender until ice is crushed.
2. Pour into a 14-ounce stemmed glass. Add a pineapple slice and maraschino cherry speared on a paper umbrella. Serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.