Even though bartenders are instructed to make this creamy drink without adding ice, go ahead and thicken yours up by adding a few cubes to the blender for more of a shake-like drink with the perfect richness level.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 3/4 ounce Malibu rum
- 1/2 ounce Bacardi light rum
- 1/2 ounce Myers's dark rum
- 3/4 ripe banana
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- Dash grenadine
- Maraschino cherry
- Do This
1. Combine all ingredients except grenadine in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Drizzle grenadine around the inside of a 14-ounce stemmed glass.
3. Pour the drink into the glass, add a maraschino cherry on a toothpick, and serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.