Nestle is the world's largest packaged food manufacturer, coffee roaster, and chocolate maker. It is the largest single company in Switzerland today, but Nestle derives only 2 percent of its revenue from its home country.
The company is quite diverse. Nestle's product lines include beverages and drinks, chocolate and candy, dairy products, and frozen foods. The company also operates more than thirty Stouffer Hotels and owns 25 percent of the French cosmetics giant L'Oreal. In the United States, where the company is called Nestle USA, it ranks third behind Mars, Inc., and Hershey in chocolate sales.
The 100 Grand candy bar was originally introduced in 1966 as the $100,000 Bar, then its name was changed to 100 Grand Bar in 1985. Now you can enjoy a chocolate candy bar at home with Todd Wilbur's 100 Grand chocolate bar recipe!
Source: More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 30 unwrapped Kraft caramels
- One 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Rice Krispies
- Do This
1. With your fingers, flatten each caramel into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Melt the chocoate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave set on half power for 2 minutes. Stir halfway through the heating time. Melt thoroughly, but do not overheat.
3. Add the Rice Krispies and stir just until blended.
4. Dip each caramel into the chocolate to coat completely and then place it on waxed paper. Cool until firm at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
Makes 30 candy bars.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.