- New Recipes
- Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
To dispel the urban legend of the $250 recipe in the infamous chain letter, Neiman Marcus created an actual recipe for chocolate chip cookies and displayed it on the Neiman Marcus website. Since I get so many request for that formula, I've posted the real Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe here.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee, slightly crushed
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract
3. Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
Makes 15 large cookies.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.