The Melting Pot sells this thick sauce by the bottle and uses it as a marinade for sirloin in several of the entrees. But there's no need to buy the bottle since you can now whip up an easy clone of your own at home with this new Top Secret Recipe.
Use this flavorful sauce for dipping fondue-cooked steak, chicken, and shrimp.
Find out how to hack the chain's delicious signature cooking style here: Melting Pot Coq Au Vin Fondue.
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Do This
Instructions1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and place it over medium heat.
2. When the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool the sauce to room temperature, about 1 hour, before using.
Makes 1 cup.