Melting Pot Ginger Plum Sauce
By Todd Wilbur
It would have been great to find a brand-name plum sauce that is a perfect match to the ginger plum sauce served at The Melting Pot, but after trying several popular brands, none of them was quite right. The sauce that came the closest is made by Lee Kum Kee, and I found the best solution was to use that bottled sauce as a base and transform it into a clone by adding a few other ingredients.
You'll find that this sweet-and-sour sauce tastes delicious on your fondue-cooked shrimp and chicken.
Find out how to hack the chain's delicious signature cooking style here: Melting Pot Coq Au Vin Fondue.
This recipe is available in
- 3/4 cup (one 9.2-ounce jar) Lee Kum Kee plum sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Do This
InstructionsCombine all ingredients in a small bowl. Can be used immediately. Store chilled in a covered container.
Makes 1¼ cups.