This McDonald's yogurt parfait recipe is super easy to make, plus it's low fat and delicious. The yogurt in the original is very sweet and creamy like Yoplait. So that's the brand that you should use, although any brand of a vanilla yogurt will work fine (see update in "Tidbits"). If you use Yoplait, you'll need two 6-ounce containers of the stuff per serving. For the granola, just look for one that contains mostly oats. It should be crunchy and sweet, and can also include puffed rice bits. You can make these McDonald's yogurt parfaits a day or two ahead of time. Keep them covered in the fridge, and hold off on the granola topping until just before you serve them or it'll get soggy.
Source: Even More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 4 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- Two 10-ounce boxes sliced frozen strawberries with sugar added, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup crunchy, sweet granola
- Do This
1. Pour 1/2 cup of yogurt into a parfait cup or tall glass.
2. Add 1/2 cup of strawberries into the glass on top of the yogurt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of blueberries to the glass.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of yogurt over the fruit.
5. Sprinkle the granola over the top and serve. Repeat for the remaining 3 servings.
Makes 4 servings.
Tidbits: I have since discovered that Dannon is the brand of yogurt used at McDonald's for this product. But, hey, Yoplait works fine too.