These 16-ounce desserts-in-a-cup are made with McDonald’s soft-serve ice cream and one of several crumbled sweet additives. Duplicating soft-serve ice cream at home for this McDonald's McFlurry recipe comes easy using regular vanilla ice cream (not French vanilla), a little whole milk, and a frozen bowl to do the mixing. You might also want to freeze the glass that you plan to serve this in to ensure the ice cream is served up creamy yet firm, rather than melted and soupy.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
Sweet additive options
- 3 Oreo cookies
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar
- 1/4 cup M&M Minis
- 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Do This
1. Freeze a medium glass or ceramic bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. While you're at it put the 16-ounce glass you plan to use in there as well, along with your Butterfinger or Reese's candy. The Oreo cookies and M&M's do not need to be frozen.
2. When the bowl is frozen, place the candy or cookies in a plastic bag and crumble into little pieces with your fist or the handle of a butter knife.
2. Pour the ice cream and milk into the frozen bowl and stir well until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the sweet additive of your choice and stir, then pour it all into the frozen 16-ounce glass and serve with a spoon.
Makes 1 16-ounce dessert.