These 16-ounce desserts-in-a-cup are made with McDonald’s soft-serve ice cream and one of several crumbled sweet additives. Duplicating soft-serve ice cream at home comes easy using regular vanilla ice cream (not French vanilla), a little whole milk, and a frozen bowl to mix it in. You might also want to freeze the glass that you plan to serve this in to ensure the ice cream is served up creamy yet firm, rather than melted and soupy.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 Butterfinger candy bar
- Do This
1. Freeze a medium glass or ceramic bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Freeze the Butterfinger candy bar (in a plastic bag) as well, along with the 16-ounce glass you plan to use.
2. When the bowl is frozen, first break your candy bar (while it's still in the bag) into little pieces with the handle of a butter knife.
3. Pour the ice cream and milk into the frozen bowl and stir well until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the candy bar pieces and stir, then pour into the frozen 16-ounce glass and serve with a spoon.
Makes 1 16-ounce dessert.