Lone Star Steakhouse Lettuce Wedge Salad
By Todd Wilbur
Why waste time chopping lettuce when you can just hack a head of iceberg into four cool wedges, then dress it up and serve? This unique presentation is not only easy to make, but is also a deliciously different way to serve your next salad. The creamy bleu cheese dressing is a breeze to craft from scratch and tastes much better than anything you'll buy in a store. Add a bit of extra crumbled bleu over the top, some freshly diced tomatoes, and you're well on your way to a fancy-pants side salad that'll surely impress.
This recipe is available in
Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 cup diced tomato (1 large tomato)
- Do This
Restaurant/BrandLone Star Steakhouse
1. Use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients for bleu cheese dressing in a medium bowl.
2. Slice a head of iceberg lettuce into quarters through the stem end. Cut the stem off of the wedges and arrange each one on a plate.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of bleu cheese dressing over each lettuce wedge.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of crumbled bleu cheese over the dressing.
5. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of diced tomato over the top and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.