From 1990 to 1993, Little Caesars sales growth ranked in the top five in the restaurant industry, accoring to Nation's Restaurant News Magazine. As of 1993, the company had more than 4,800 outlets raking in $2.3 billion. Business was so good that founder Michael Ilitch was able to purchase the Detroit Red Wings hockey team in 1982, and then the Detroit Tigers in 1992. Ilitch also owns several arenas and theaters, including the Second City comedy theater in Detroit.
The Crazy Sauce, basically souped up pizza sauce, is usually served with Crazy Bread, for dipping. You can get my Crazy Bread clone here.
Source: More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- One 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Do This
1. Combine all the ingredients in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat.
2. When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator, it will keep for 3 to 4 weeks. Serve hot.
Makes 1 1/2 cup.