Kraft Free Thousand Island Dressing
By Todd Wilbur
Once upon a time we drenched our salads with generous portions of popular dressings such as this one and considered it a healthy pre-entree course. Just two tablespoons of the full-fat version of Thousand Island dressing packs about 10 grams of fat, and we normally use about 1/4 cup on a salad. That's 20 grams of fat in our bellies, before the main course has even started. Today we know better. You won't get even one gram of fat from a serving of this TSR formula that clones the most popular fat-free Thousand Island dressing on the supermarket shelves.
Serving size–2 tablespoons
Calories per serving–40g
Fat per serving–0g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon finely minced white onion
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Do This
1. Dissolve the sugar and salt in the hot water in a small bowl.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients with the water mixture. Stir well.
3. Place the dressing in a covered container and refrigerate it for several hours so that the flavors can blend.
Makes about 1 cup.
Tidbits: If the dressing seems too thick, just add some more water, a tablespoon at a time, until it has the desired consistency.