Kraft Free Classic Caesar Salad Dressing
By Todd Wilbur
Thanks to fat-free mayonnaise and low-fat buttermilk, we can make a homegrown version of this popular fat-free Kraft creation. You might say, “Wait a minute, how can this be fat-free when there’s buttermilk and two kinds of grated cheese in there?” Yes indeed, those products do contain fat. But, as long as a serving of the finished product contains less than ½ gram of fat—as it does here—it’s considered fat-free. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to allow this dressing to chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
Serving size–2 tablespoons
Calories per serving–35
Fat per serving–0g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk (1% fat)
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch coarse ground black pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch garlic powder
- Do This
1. Dissolve the sugar and salt in a small bowl with the hot water. Set aside.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
3. Add the water/salt/sugar mixture to the other ingredients and stir once more to combine. Place the dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator and chill for several hours.
Makes around 3/4 cup.
Tidbits: If the dressing seems too thick, just add some more water, a tablespoon at a time, until it has the desired consistency.