With Southwestern-style dressing, corn, peppers and fresh cilantro, this is a great-tasting clone. Koo Koo Roo's "California Style" flame-broiled and rotisserie chicken meals come with a wide selection of very tasty side dishes, including Tangy Tomato Salad, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Confetti Rice. This cold Santa Fe Pasta salad is one of the favorites on the long list of 24 sides. And here's the TSR hack recipe to help you make a version of your own that tastes as good as the real thing.
Serving size–6 ounces
Calories per serving–230
Fat per serving–5g
Source: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 16-ounce package Rotini pasta
- 4 to 5 quarts water
- 1 1/4 cups V-8 juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cooked and diced
- Do This
Restaurant/BrandKoo Koo Roo
1. Prepare the pasta by bringing 4 to 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta to the pan, and when water begins to boil again, cook for 8-11 minutes. Pasta should be al dente, or mostly tender but with a slight toughness in the middle.
2. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill the dressing until you're ready to use it.
3. When the pasta is done, pour it into a large bowl. Add the dressing, then toss.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta, and toss until combined. Cover and chill for several hours before serving.