Sure, KFC's potato salad is good, but have you ever wondered why they don't sell a fat-free version? It really wouldn't be so tough to substitute fat-free mayo for the regular stuff, then just sweeten it up with some sweet pickle relish and sugar. Throw a few spices in there, some bits of veggies, and the recipe might look something like this.
Serving size–5.6 ounces
Calories per serving–90 (Original–230)
Fat per serving–0g (Original–14g)
Source: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, diced
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Do This
1. Lightly peel the potatoes (you don't have to get all of the skin off) then chop them into bite-size pieces (approximately 1/2-inch cubes) and boil the pieces in 6 cups of boiling, salted water for 7 to 10 minutes. The potato chunks should be tender, yet slightly tough in the middle when done. Drain and rinse the potatoes with cold water.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour the drained potatoes into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix until all of the potato pieces are well coated.
4. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
Serves 8 as a side dish.
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.