KFC Macaroni & Cheese Reduced-Fat
By Todd Wilbur
In 1991, the world's largest chicken chain introduced a new logo to better reflect the addition of non-fried chicken products. Kentucky Fried Chicken morphed into KFC.
One of the chain's classic side dishes is the tasty macaroni and cheese, which has been on the menu for years. Using the light version of Velveeta cheese and some reduced-fat Cheddar, we duplicate the taste while cutting the fat grams in half here in this reduced-fat conversion.
Serving size–4.5 ounces
Calories per serving–95 (Original–180)
Fat per serving–4g (Original–8g)
Source: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces Velveeta Light cheese
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese (2% fat)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Do This
1. Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the elbow macaroni to the water and cook it for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. While the macaroni is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce by combining the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and cooking over low heat. Stir often as the cheese melts into a smooth consistency.
3. When the macaroni is done, turn off the heat, then use a colander or sieve to strain off the water. Pour the macaroni back into the pan without the water.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and stir until it is well coated. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a side dish.
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.