Kenny Rogers Roasters Corn Muffins
By Todd Wilbur
He knows when to hold 'em, he knows when to fold 'em. And lately hes been folding 'em quite a bit as Kenny Rogers Roasters restaurants across the country have bolted their doors for lack of interest. But that doesn't mean that Kenny didn't know how to make awesome corn muffins. And since it's hard to find a Kenny Rogers Roasters outlet these days, the only way to taste these great corn muffins now is to make them for ourselves at home.
If you like your corn muffins sweeter, check out my clone recipe for Famous Dave's Corn Muffins.
Source: Even More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen yellow corn
- Do This
Restaurant/BrandKenny Rogers Roasters
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add the milk while mixing.
4. Add the corn to the mixture and combine by hand until the corn is worked in.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins begin to turn brown on top.
Makes 12 muffins.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.