Joe's Stone Crab Garlic Creamed Spinach
By Todd Wilbur
Creamy garlic spinach the Joe's Stone Crab way is a simple preparation. Two boxes of frozen, chopped spinach and a few other ingredients are all you'll need to re-create this awesome dish. The ground nutmeg is the secret addition that sets this creamed spinach apart from other chains.
This recipe is available in
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Do This
Restaurant/BrandJoe's Stone Crab
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and heat for about 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half.
2. Squeeze the water out of the thawed spinach and add the spinach to the saucepan. Add salt, nutmeg, and black pepper and simmer for 20 minutes on medium/low heat. Spinach will be tender when done.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.