The base formula for Jamba Juice’s seasonal smoothie consists of 2% milk, a couple scoops of sweetened frozen yogurt, and ice. The final addition is a scoop of a secret blend containing all the great flavor that makes this smoothie taste like you’re drinking pumpkin pie.
Real canned pumpkin puree, plus sugar, spices, and a little food coloring will bring your smoothie to life with the taste and appearance of the limited-time-only smoothie that you can now make any time you want.
Frozen vanilla yogurt is not as easy to find in the freezer section as it was 10 years ago, so reduced-fat ice cream and regular vanilla yogurt will substitute nicely here.
This recipe is available in
- 3/4 cup 2% fat milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice - see Tidbits)
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 heaping cup of ice
- Do This
Instructions1. Combine the milk with the sugar in a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 20 to 30 more seconds or until no chunks of ice remain. Pour the drink into 1 large (24-ounce) glass or 2 small (12-ounce) glasses and add a straw.
Tidbits: If you don’t have the pumpkin pie spice blend you can add the spices separately by measuring ¼ teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and ground allspice.
Makes 1 large or 2 small drinks.
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.