All you need to make this minty schnapps at home is four ingredients, including inexpensive vodka, and an empty bottle to store it in. This is a recipe that was created for More Top Secret Recipes many years ago but didn't make it into the final cut. Now it has a home.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- One 16-ounce bottle light corn syrup
- 2 cups 80-proof vodka
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Do This
1. Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart pan and place over medium heat. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, remove the mixture from the heat, add the vodka, and cover it tightly with a lid. Let it cool down before you take the lid off.
3. When the liquid has cooled down, add the peppermint extract and pour it all into a sealable bottle.
Makes 4 cups.