Jacquin's Peppermint Schnapps Liqueur
By Todd Wilbur
All you need to make this Jacquin's peppermint schnapps liqueur recipe at home is four ingredients, including inexpensive vodka, and an empty bottle to store it in. This is a recipe that was created for More Top Secret Recipes many years ago but didn't make it into the final cut. Now it has a home.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- One 16-ounce bottle light corn syrup
- 2 cups 80-proof vodka
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Do This
1. Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart pan and place over medium heat. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, remove the mixture from the heat, add the vodka, and cover it tightly with a lid. Let it cool down before you take the lid off.
3. When the liquid has cooled down, add the peppermint extract and pour it all into a sealable bottle.
Makes 4 cups.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.