It's not your typical coleslaw. The sweet pickle relish and green onion is a nice touch, and all that parsley really sets this dish apart from other slaws I've tried. If you like coleslaw, and you've never had this version at the restaurant, you might want to give it a try.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups chopped green cabbage (1 head)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (green part only)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Do This
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Combine cabbage, parsley, green onion, and relish in a large bowl.
3. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix well. Add the celery seed and mix, then cover the bowl and chill it for at least 4 hours before digging in. Chilling the slaw overnight is even better.
Makes 8 servings.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.