Healthy Choice Traditional Pasta Sauce
By Todd Wilbur
It was a heart attack that inspired Charles M. Harper of ConAgra Foods to come up with a new product line. In 1988, the Healthy Choice brand introduced frozen dinners with reduced fat, sodium, and cholesterol. Hundreds of other products followed through the '90s, including this fat-free pasta sauce, which hit stores in 1992. It's a cinch to make and goes great on any pasta, pizza, or meatball sandwich.
Serving size–1/2 cup
Calories per servings–50
Fat per serving–0g
Source: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 10 3/4-ounce cans tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Do This
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until sauce is thick.
Makes 2 1/2 cups
There are no reviews for this product yet...
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.